I came across Human Nature products when a friend of mine, shared her hand sanitiser with me in one of our makeover workshops together. She’s into all natural, organic products since she is very allergic to so many ingredients. The smell was citrusy and since I’m partial to citrus fragrances, I looked at the bottle and saw it was Human Nature.
Curiously enough, I was handed a simple pizza box like gift from a few friends from Human Nature and guess what, inside the box was the citrus hand sanitiser my friend had! Want to see more from what was inside my happy box? Scroll down.
What it is:
- Human Nature is a wholly Philippine owned company that supports livelihoods and local social enterprises that enable the people to be self sustaining. It provides us with effective, safe to use, high quality, locally made natural products that are least harmful to the environment.
- Pro Philippines, ProPoor and Pro Environment is their mission vision and is carried out throughout their store, from the tree design in their stores to represent the giving unconditionally philosophy to the simple design of their products making the consumer aware and focus on the strength of the product not from fancy packaging.
- The price points are ridiculously affordable which gives you a guilt free shopping experience and a knowing satisfaction that you have helped a community that will uplift them from poverty.
- They partner with Gawad Kalinga to support farms and other enterprises that will multiply the income of poor communities.
What it’s not:
- All products are free from harmful synthetic ingredients that preserve and extend the shelf life of the product. They are a member of the Natural Products Association (NPA) the largest and oldest non profit organisation in the US that is dedicated to the natural product industry. How about being in the same league as Burts Bees? Avalon Organics? Badger Company and Dr. Hauschka Cosmetics to name few.
- No harmful testing on animals.
- All ingredients are natural, free from perfumes and chemical dyes that may cause allergies, and synthetic oils that may aggravate acne. The oils used are harvested from the coconut tree, nuts and herbs.
- Because of the lack of preservatives, the shelf life is not that long, but if you use it often enough, you won’t even go past the expiration date.
- Their makeup line is limited in variety and shades but they do have the basics like mineral powder foundation, loose powders, blush and lipstick colours, all lip balms and an eye shadow palette that double duties as a eyebrow power and liner. Watch out for my Human Nature Haul and road test them soon.
Coming across these products up close, it is timely in the light of our elections recently, the Human Nature story of taking care of our rich and diverse environment, our countrymen and our families is really the love story that we all need to feel good about. Spread the love people!
You may find Human Nature products at Http://humanheartnature.com